CBRE’s 2019 Scoring Tech Talent report, ranked Toronto as the third strongest tech market in North America in 2019 . With 80,100 existing tech jobs, Toronto’s tech job growth was greater than the job growth in New York City, Seattle and Boston combined! Are you waiting for an opportunity to establish yourself in the growing tech industry? The time is now, with Elevate Talent and Roots Community Services!
At Roots Community Services, our mission has always been to uplift and empower our communities. We are proud to announce our partnership with Elevate Talent to deliver a free 90-day virtual training program to equip individuals from underrepresented communities with the skills and credentials they need to build thriving careers in the technology and innovation sectors. This program is funded by the Government of Canada and powered by Elevate.
Benefits of the Program
- Technical skills training from leading industry professionals
- Culturally-sensitive soft skills training
- Networking opportunities with employers
- Employment support with the opportunity for employment following completion of program
- 16 years of age or older
- Ability to commit 5 hours a day for 90 business days
- Access to reliable internet connection and a computer/ laptop with video capabilities
- Basic English and computer literacy skills
Participants can register for one of the following courses:
- Salesforce For All - This course provides participants with an introduction to the Salesforce CRM (Customer Relationship Management) platform. The program blends soft skills and Salesforce technical skills training together and includes hands-on workshops and preparation for the Salesforce Administrator certification exam. Certification can lead to jobs such as a Salesforce Administrator, Business Development Representative or Customer Success Manager.
- Digital Marketing - This course focuses on developing the knowledge and skills needed to successfully work in a digital marketing environment, while also being able to complete entry level data marketing activities like identifying personas, mapping the customer journey and creating a digital plan based on business objectives. Certification can lead to jobs such as a Digital Marketing Consultant, a Brand Manager or a Social Media Coordinator.
- Product Management - This course provides essential knowledge related to successful and strategic product management in any business. Learners will understand the importance of developing and combining expertise in business, technology and user experience to inform value-driven product development and management in organizations. Certification can lead to jobs such as a Quality Assurance Tester (for digital products), a Product Marketing Manager or a Community Manager.
- Data Analytics & Visualization-This course is designed to provide a learning pathway for individuals seeking data analyst and business analytics roles, as well as for professionals across all sectors that increasingly rely upon data analysis to perform their role. This includes marketing professionals assessing large volumes of campaign data or healthcare professionals assessing the efficacy of different policy approaches. Certification can lead to jobs such as Business Intelligence Analyst, a Data Scientist or a Data Visualization Specialist.
Registration has closed for the current cohort. Please check back here for future updates.
To Learn More:
We acknowledge the support of the Government of Canada through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario.
Make a difference!
We cannot do it alone and so rely on you – our funders, donors, volunteers – to help us build a strong community that holds a brighter future for our children and youth, a peaceful place for our seniors, and a safe and clean environment for everyone. There are a few ways you can help to make a difference. Which one will you choose?Get Involved