CBRE’s 2019 Scoring Tech Talent report, ranked Toronto as the third strongest tech market in North America in 2019. With 80,100 existing tech jobs, Toronto’s tech job growth was greater than the job growth in New York City, Seattle and Boston combined! Are you waiting for an opportunity to establish yourself in the growing tech industry? The time is now, with Elevate Talent and Roots Community Services!
At Roots Community Services, our mission has always been to uplift and empower our communities. We are proud to announce our partnership with Elevate Talent to deliver a free 90-day virtual training program to equip individuals from underrepresented communities with the skills and credentials they need to build thriving careers in the technology and innovation sectors. This program is funded by the Government of Canada and powered by Elevate.
Benefits of the Program
- Technical skills training from leading industry professionals
- Culturally-sensitive soft skills training
- Networking opportunities with employers
- Employment support with the opportunity for employment following completion of program
- 16 years of age or older
- Ability to commit 5 hours a day for 90 business days
- Access to reliable internet connection and a computer/ laptop with video capabilities
- Basic English and computer literacy skills
Participants can register for one of the following courses:
- Customer Care & Sales in Tech - This course provides learners with sales tactics and objection handling techniques, the Customer Care & Sales in Tech program. It also provides participants with opportunities to develop critical soft skills such as Effective Communication, Emotional Intelligence and Navigating Uncertainty - essential for a successful career in tech sales. Since working in tech sales requires some familiarity with online tools, this course includes a Digital Foundations component where participants can refresh their skills and familiarity with MS Office, Google Workspace and Video conferencing tools.
- Product Management - This course provides essential knowledge related to successful and strategic product management in any business. Learners will understand the importance of developing and combining expertise in business acumen, technology and user experience to inform value-driven product development and management in organizations. In this course, learners will explore the importance of effective product management. The course will cover how products are managed from planning, to development, through to launch. Learners will have the opportunity to investigate market insights and unpack commonly used frameworks including the Business Model Canvas and Value Proposition Canvas, by applying them to a real-world scenario.
- Business Process Automation -This program will allow users to learn how to apply basic code to build new capabilities, create custom applications and forms and demonstrate functionality which will help to improve the efficiency of business processes. Participants will learn the basics of the various Microsoft Power Apps including Power Automate and Power BI. The objective of PowerApps is to enable business users to build new capabilities via apps, without requiring that they have detailed coding expertise.
Please apply by September 15, 2021. Only eligible candidates will be contacted for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
To Learn More:
We acknowledge the support of the Government of Canada through the Federal Economic Development Agency for Southern Ontario.
Make a difference!
We cannot do it alone and so rely on you – our funders, donors, volunteers – to help us build a strong community that holds a brighter future for our children and youth, a peaceful place for our seniors, and a safe and clean environment for everyone. There are a few ways you can help to make a difference. Which one will you choose?Get Involved